Spin up, down and all around.
The Flying Wheels is a tower ride that offers four different motions in one ride experience. The tower stands 13.5 m (44 ft) tall, and features two sides where three gondolas per-side rotate up and down. The rotation is similar to a Ferris wheel and each gondola can seat four to six guests. The gondolas can be spun by riders and the tower itself also turns slowly around.
The steel tower can be painted and themed. In addition, the tower top can also feature a custom decoration. All of the control and electrical elements are located within the ride structure and can be easily accessed for maintenance purposes.
The 3-wheel groups wheels have a diameter of 3.45 (11.3 ft) and are rotated by two electric motors. Every set of three gondolas can swing freely. When the gondola is in the load and unload position the ride uses a pneumatic dampener in order to ensure that there is no movement.
Minimal maintenance is required and most of the lubrication is done through a permanently-installed greasing system. The tower offers maintenance access through a ground-level door that leads to a ladder. Staff can access all critical mechanical and electrical parts from inside the tower.
- Tower Height: 12 m (39 ft) static/13.5 m (44 ft) dynamic
- Instant Capacity: 24 to 36 riders
- Foundation Style: Concrete foundation
- Ride Control System: Siemens PLC system
- Electrical Power Req: 15 kW
- Standards: Static calculations according to TUV, EN, ASTM and CSEI regulations
- Height Restriction: None. Children over 8 years old can ride alone; under 8 years old must be accompanied by an adult
Themed paint scheme