Nothing makes a statement like a Skyfall. Guests love it and the ride creates a new icon for your property. This innovative drop tower comes in both park and portable models.
The ride starts as a ring of guests is hoisted skyward. It pauses at the top and then drops riders back to the ground, freefalling towards earth until the magnetic brakes slow the ride. It is a breathtaking experience from start to finish.
Funtime has improved upon many different facets of the classic drop tower. The winch and hoisting equipment are located at the bottom of the tower structure. This makes access for maintenance extremely easy. In addition, Funtime offers a rotating ring that spins as the passengers all pulled skyward.
The company has also designed custom tower toppers, which add a unique theming element not found on other tower rides. All-in-all, the Skyfall is the drop tower come of age and the thrill of a lifetime.
Funtime manufactures the world’s tallest portable drop tower. The 80 meter (262 foot) tower is unique because it is self-standing and does not require a crane.
Park Model Skyfall
This installation at Nigloland in Dolancourt, France, stands 100 meters (325 feet) above terra firma. The ride is one of tallest drop towers in the world.
- Park Model Tower Height: 70 m, 80 m or 100 m (230 ft, 262 ft or 325 ft)
- Portable Tower Height: up to 145 m (475 ft)
- Footprint: 12 m diameter plus technical room (i.e. winch, electric cabinet)
- Drop Height: up to 130 m (426 ft)
- Instant Capacity: 24 or 30 passengers
- Hourly Throughput: 600 pph
- Cycle Time: 2 minutes and 10 seconds
- Max. Speed: up to 120 km/h (depends on the drop height)
- Structure: Foundations or Trailer-Mounted (see below for portable information)
- Ride Control System: Allen-Bradley PLC system
- Electrical Power Req: 300 kW
- Braking System: Magnetic Brakes
- Standards: Static calculations according to TUV, EN, ASTM and CSEI regulations
- Height Restriction: 1.2 m (48 in) minimum, 1.9 m (76 in) maximium
LED Lighting System
Spinning gondola with or without tilting seats
- Portable Model Specifics:
- Setup Time: 8 hours-no crane required!
- Ground Area (trailer decking included): 23 m x 20 m (75 ft x 65 ft)
- Number of Trailers: 5 European trailers